Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Jackson Truth: Preliminary Hearing - Jan. 4th, 2011

The preliminary hearing began in the wrongful death of Michael Jackson with the attendance of Ms. Katherine Jackson, Jackie Jackson & LaToya Jackson. I was told that Joe Jackson got caught in the snow storm in Las Vegas and was unable to be there, but will be there later on this week.

Kenny Ortega was the first witness to take the stand and his information of interest was that he was concerned about Michael's health and sent him home because he wasn't feeling good. Ortega was told by Dr. Murray to not worry about Michael's health and was told that he was not a doctor and to leave that matter to his discretion.

Michael Amir Williams was Michael's security and friend. He painted a timeline to Michael's activities the day before he died. He expressed that they went to the Staples center at approx. 7pm and returned to the Carrolwood house at approx. 12:30 to 1:00 a.m. He said that after making sure everything was all right, he left and went home and that Conrad Murray was there. He received a call from Conrad Murray that morning at approx. 12:13 p.m. expressing that something was terribly wrong concerning Michael Jackson. Amir called another security that was on the premises, Faheen Muhammad and instructed him to go through the front door of the house to find out what was going on. Faheen went upstairs and discovered a frantic, sweating Conrad Murray trying to do CPR on Michael. Faheen stated that when he saw Michael his eyes and mouth were opened and that there was no movement from Michael Jackson.

When Faheen took the stand he identified himself as being a good friend of Michael Amir who was hired by Michael as the head security. Faheen was the driver that drove Michael to the Staples Center the night before he died. He returned Michael to Carrolwood between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. and after debriefing with other security, he left. The defense tried to make it appear as though he didn't know all his facts and even asked him "if he knew what mouth-to-mouth recucsitation was." Faheen was very confident even through the defenses condenscending questions.

Day one was very trying for the family, as well as Michael Jackson supporters that were in the court room. The most disturbing discovery was when Conrad Murray asked if "anyone knew CPR." As soon as that information was disclosed, the entire court room came to a complete holt! Everyone was in dismay, including the judge.

After leaving the court house, I asked La Toya how she felt about the proceedings and she stated, "I just want justice." I also asked Ms. Katherine Jackson how she felt about the doctor not knowing CPR, and Ms. Jackson stated "it was ludicrous!"

The next court hearing is Wednesday, January 5, 2011 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
(See a clip of Geraldine Hughes reporting)

Geraldine Hughes
The Jackson Truth

1 comment: